Aussie-inspired, dermatologist-developed. Project Sunscreen was founded in 2016 when two moms, CEO Rachel Henderson, who has a background in public health and education, and Dr. Ashley Magovern, a renowned Los Angeles dermatologist, wanted to create a better sunscreen for their kids.
Project Sunscreen mineral sunscreen is fragrance-free, gluten-free, and dye-free, and does NOT contain:
- Nanoparticles, microscopic particles which can clog pores and irritate skin, and is potentially damaging to DNA
- Oxybenzone or Octinoxate, hormone-disrupting chemicals that potentially lead to developmental and reproductive toxicity, and are linked to coral bleaching in reefs
- Parabens, preservatives which are believed to disrupt hormone function and have been linked to breast cancer and reproductive issues
- PABA, known to cause allergic dermatitis and skin abnormalities.
- Other products NOT in our formula: gmos, retinyl palmitate, formaldehyde, glycol, propylene glycol, petrolatum, petroleum, phthalate, sulfate, talc, or mineral oil